[TR6] Euro-spec distributor?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR6] Euro-spec distributor?
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 19:21:15 -0500
I recently bought what was advertised as a NOS European spec TR6
distributor.  It's Lucas part #41542. (unfortunately it turned out to be a
reconditioned unit rather than NOS, but I don't think I made out too
badly). Th

This distributor has vacuum advance and vernier adjustment knob.  I've
looked in my factory manual, but it doesn't list this model number.  Does
anyone know what specific version this distributor went on (PI or carb,
etc) or if it is in fact even for a TR6? Any specs out there (like what's
in the manual for several other distributors)?

I'm wondering now if I would gain anything by installing it in my '74 TR6
with S2 cam and 9.5:1 compression head, and stock CD175 carburetors, or if
I should try to resell it to someone that needs it.

Ted Stevens
74 TR6