Re: HELP!

To: chris johansen <newprin@citrus.infi.net>
Subject: Re: HELP!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:23:56 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, chris johansen wrote [to the VTR website]:

> Why is my Neg. Battery cable heating up when I start my TR6. Only heats
> up when car is being started or turned over.
>
> Thanks alot!
> Chris johansen

Chris, my first guess is that there is some resistance in that main
circuit -- a bad or dirty connection to ground from the battery and/or
from the positive battery terminal to the solenoid, or the large power
cable to the starter.

Does anyone else wish to speculate as to a possible cause? Make sure to
at least copy Chris in your reply!

--Andy