Undercoating gun

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Undercoating gun
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 18:50:45 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Being a tight-fisted old git and not being willing to risk
damaging more expensive equipment, I use a sprayer from the
garden centre. It holds about a gallon of Waxoyl mixed with
turpentine substitute at a ratio of about 4:1. This is then
shaken up in the container to 'thin out' and the container
is pressurised from the vertical hand pump in the top.
Before using it in anger, I measured the nozzle diameter and
drilled strategically placed holes in the main body sills
for which I obtained suitable (almost) flush fitting plugs.
This means you can poke the nozzle inside the sill and
squirt to your heart's content. Then fill the hole with the
plug and replace the sill kick plate to make it look all
clean and official. At a later stage, you turn your
attention to the *****y mess of waxoyl that has found its
way on to the ground beneath the car. This is one of my
favourite jobs bettered only by the occasions that as you're
draining off old engine oil, a persistent squirt of filthy
lube goes up your sleeve. I wouldn't be content with
anything less

Jonmac