TR 6 exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 exhaust
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:25:12 -0500
While at the VTR Southeast Regional at Lake City Florida I saw a TR 6
which had an enormous single exhaust pipe coming out the rear.  It
occurs to me that a large -looked like 4" diameter- hole for the exhaust
to escape from would be better than a 2".  But better than two?  I just
got the feeling that this thing would really help.  Does anyone know if
something like this is available commercially or could it have been
special made.
I think the car was from Tallahassee and I had seen it in Jacksonville
at an SCCA "parking lot" autocross in July.
If anyone knows about this let me know.
Thanks,
John Summers