Re: TR 6 exhaust

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 exhaust
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:58:01 -0600

John Summers wrote:

> While at the VTR Southeast Regional at Lake City Florida I saw a TR 6
> which had an enormous single exhaust pipe coming out the rear.

John:
The car you saw was either Chris Moore's (JK Jackson's wife) black TR6 or
Brian Watts' green TR6.  Both are running a single pipe sized to a JK
formula that starts with exaust valve size and ends with the length past the
headers.  You might have been looking at mine (carmine TR6) but I have a
4"supertrapp.  What you noticed was a horn at the end of the pipe that
somewhat makes up for the fact the ideal pipe should extend some 2 or 3 feet
or so past the back bumper.  I think its a fairly well accepted fact that a
properly sized single exaust produces more horsepower than a duel system.
Kaz put this in his writings 27 years or so ago.
Bob