Re: inner sills on 3a

To: shang@sonet.net
Subject: Re: inner sills on 3a
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:29:41 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/10/99 3:16:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, shang@sonet.net
writes:

<< Hello all,
  I have question for the the list concerning the inner sills on  a tr3.   I
 am about ready to replace the sills  on my never-ending project and was
 wondering if it was worth the trouble to fabricate new sills myself or just
 buy new from one of the big three? Also wondering what is proper gauge
 metal, my are to far gone to measure. And back to the 1st question,
 materials would cost near nothing as I have a friend at a steel mill, so
 basically all I  would have invested is the labor which I would do myself.
  thanks for any help,
 Shannon
 TS61895

Hi Shannon
I have a few of these t-shirts and it is probably not worth it to fab
yourself. I did these on my 3B a few years back and the inner sill is a
pretty involved piece. I got mine from TRF and they came with the captive nut
in front and the outrigger caps on the inside. Lots of bends and tabs. I
think they were $100 - $150 ea back then.
I'm sure you already know this but be sure to check the door alignment twice
before you weld.
Good Luck

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A