RE: negative camber

To: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: negative camber
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:57:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
John,

I'm tackling the exact same problem on my '66 4a. Before you go to the frame
shop you should check that the FSU (front suspension, upper) fulcrum pins
are oriented properly. These guys can be bolted to the top of the shock
tower two ways. Racers sometimes flip them around for more negative camber.
Careless mechanics flip them around by accident.

You also should check that the vertical link or stub axle isn't bent. I
think new ones are available, but expensive.

I know I shouldn't just "treat the symptom" but...

I believe there's an adjustable FSU fulcrum pin available from Cambridge
Motorsport. A bit pricey from CM-- perhaps Ken Gillanders or another US
source has them? Anyone know?

I was also considering making my own adjustable fulcrum from a new one. (I
have access to machine shop fabrication.)

Let me know what you do! Thanks.

Chris Lillja
'66 TR4A
'74 Norton Commando 850