Re: Inner Waist (window) Seals

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inner Waist (window) Seals
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:06:09 -0500
JMHaas@aol.com wrote:

> I have begun installation of new inner and outer waist (window) seals.  I
> have made the tool described in the Haynes manual and have successfully
> installed the outer seal.  However, I am having difficulty with the inner
> seal.
>
> Should I be using the same tool and/or making any modifications to the tool?
> Should the "arm rest" (pad at the top of the door) be installed before or
> after the waist seal?
> Is the installation easier to do with the window up or down?
> Any tips or suggestions are appreciated?
>
> TIA.
>
> Jan M. Haas
> '71 TR6     CC 57647
> Yardley, PA

Jan,

Install the door top pad first, the seal overlaps it.  Remove the door panel
itself
and at the bottom of the door you will see a bracket held to the door with two
little
screws.  Removing the screws will allow the window to be wound down a little
further
permitting easier seal installation.  I like to install the inner clips on the
door
first then snap the seal into the clip.  Be careful as the clip will want to
pop off
down into the door.  If this happens support the clip with the tool while
pressing the
seal in.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars