Re: Introduction & TR6s

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Introduction & TR6s
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:56:19 -0500
JMHaas@aol.com wrote:

> This is the first time I heard of anyone discussing the rectangular
> reflectors.  I have purchased a started restoration of a 71 TR6.  I have
> these two red reflectors about 2 inches high by 4-5 inches long with a base
> (Seal) that is angled.
>
> I had not yet figured out what to do with them.  Any 71 TR6 owners that have
> location specifications?
>
> Jan M. Haas
> '71 TR6     CC 57647
> Yardley, PA

Jan,

I just measured two original cars I've got here with the reflectors (or holes
were
they once were in one case).  From the seam where the fender meets the rear
valence,
the outermost hole falls somewhere between 1" to 1 5/8" in from the edge of the
seam.
The other hole falls between 4 1/4" to 4 3/4" in from the same seam.  The holes
are
located about 1" ~ 1 1/2" below the recessed flange for the tail lamp assembly.
 The
reflectors measure about  1" high by 3" long.  As you can see, placement varied
widely.  Even from side to side on the same car, where one of the cars was
different
by 5/8" from left to right.  I did find that the vertical height was very close
from
one side to another on each car, even though the horizontal spacing varied
widely -
not sure what this means other than maybe the guy putting them on used his
finger as a
gauge and when a new guy took over his job, the technique was passed along
except the
new guy had fatter fingers....

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars