RE: universal principle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: universal principle
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:48:46 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
> I propose this as a Universal Principle for the new millenium:
>
> "All previous Triumph owners and mechanics are dumbbells."

I've actually found the opposite can apply. Two Heralds I've formerly owned
ended up in the hands of a TSSC member I know quite well. One I sold him
directly, the other he acquired several years after it left my fleet. Now
both of these cars ran well with no significant problems in my ownership. In
his hands, both have become complete nightmares! They have sudffered from
clutch failure, head gaskets, fuel pumps - the list goes on! This guy
suffers from HIS OWN maintenance - I doubt that either car will survive long
enough for him to become a DPO....
        Bill Davies

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1970 Spitfire MkIII
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup