Re: Getting a TR4A through Emissions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting a TR4A through Emissions
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:16:04 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
I haven't been following this thread, but I've got to stick this in.  Next
year, in Washington State, we're going to a "25 year rule" for older cars.
No car that's 25 years or older (1975 model year for the first year) has to
pass an emissions inspection----because these cars are infrequently driven,
and hobbiests should not have a special burden.  This law was passed by our
state legislature because a coalition of car clubs got together and worked
on it.  (You Desert Centre Triumph guys ought to start something down in
Arizona.)

One of the opening arguments was, interestingly enough, that >new< cars
shouldn't have to pass emissions, because, of course, they all do!  So what
we've got is a law that says both older and newer cars (up to 4 years old)
don't have to pass.  Makes sense.  Saves money.  And it's time for LBC
owners to revolt!

--Phil Haldeman