Re: Getting a TR4A through Emissions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting a TR4A through Emissions
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:26:21 -0500
At 10:16 AM 11/15/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I haven't been following this thread, but I've got to stick this in.  Next
>year, in Washington State, we're going to a "25 year rule" for older cars.
>No car that's 25 years or older (1975 model year for the first year) has to
>pass an emissions inspection----because these cars are infrequently driven,
>and hobbiests should not have a special burden.  This law was passed by our
>state legislature because a coalition of car clubs got together and worked
>on it.  (You Desert Centre Triumph guys ought to start something down in
>Arizona.)
>
>One of the opening arguments was, interestingly enough, that >new< cars
>shouldn't have to pass emissions, because, of course, they all do!  So what
>we've got is a law that says both older and newer cars (up to 4 years old)
>don't have to pass.  Makes sense.  Saves money.  And it's time for LBC
>owners to revolt!
>
>--Phil Haldeman

We have very stringent pollution control tests and vehicle inspections each
year for Triumphs and other older vehicles here in Central Indiana. One
gets his checkbook out and sends the Bureau of Motor Vehicles a $25
check($45 for personalized plates)and amazingly, everyone is eligible to
continue driving said vehicle for another year. One catch is that you must
identify your insurance company and policy number.

Tom Beaver
Indy