Re: * More Questions ! *

To: Wayne_Brazinski@compuware.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: * More Questions ! *
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:39:25 PST
>From: "Brazinski, Wayne" <Wayne_Brazinski@compuware.com>
>To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: * More Questions ! *
>Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:23:36 -0500
>
>Hi again everyone.  Many thanks for the previous Reponses to my "Track your
>Triumph" question.  I have a "process" type question this time.
>
>I'm planning on removing and repairing body panels (fenders etc.) one at a
>time and replacing against the surrounding parts to ensure I keep a fit.  I
>have already removed the front passenger fender and am ready to gently
>sandblast ready for repair.  Here are my questions:
>
>1) What can I use for Undercoat?  I don't know what the final paint will
>be,
>and was hoping to be able to spray something myself to keep costs down.  I
>don't want to leave the repaired parts lying around to rust again.

    I used Ditzler red oxide primer on the steel of my TR4.
    I belive the old "hotrod gray" Isn't waterproof... The red oxide
    suggestion came from a neighbor made custom agricultural
    equipment. Over the red oxide went Dupont Sandy, a "high build"
    primer for body finishing. Then, over the "Sandy", went Ditzler
    catalyzed enamel. It's 12 years later and it still looks good!

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)