Replace Trailing Arm Bushes/TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replace Trailing Arm Bushes/TR6
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:38:39 -0500
Help!  Afraid I'm getting in deep, for being a recent Triumph owner. I
have one right rear suspension partly disassembled to replace the
shock/springs, and released the half axle flange end toward the
differential. Having new half axles, the mechanic failed to place any
gaitors on the half axle, so ordered gaitors/new nyloc nuts/bolts and
also ordered new uprated Bushes for the trailing arms.  I was okay
replacing everything but the bushes!!!

I read the article on TR6 web about rebuilding rear suspension, and the
procedure for replacing the bushes. But, can anyone explain how is the
easiest way to replace the bushes without removing the entire
suspension/brakes/half axle from the car????
Is it possible to just drop down the trailing arm bushes and replace
without full removal?

I did not know what a trailing arm was until 3 months ago.
            Back to the Manuals/Dreaming of a fresh car rear ride, D.
Michael