Re: Replace Trailing Arm Bushes/TR6

To: dms@snip.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replace Trailing Arm Bushes/TR6
From: Jody007@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:51:31 EST
In a message dated 11/15/99 8:38:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, dms@snip.net
writes:

<< Is it possible to just drop down the trailing arm bushes and replace
 without full removal?

 I did not know what a trailing arm was until 3 months ago.
             Back to the Manuals/Dreaming of a fresh car rear ride, D.
 Michael >>
  Any effort made to keep the trailing arm on the car will only compound the
job. If you have the half shafts off just wire the complete brake assemby out
of the way. The brake line should have a clip you can slide off. Don't forget
the hand-brake cable, if the half shafts are out just use a 7/16" (I think)
boxed end.
  Unless you want to do this job every year or so be sure to get the upgraded
 bushings (one piece). I have a source for these if you need it.
                                             Jody (TR6 Magenta)
                                               Tallahassee, Fla.