RE: What a sweet sound!!

To: "'Dennis Lambert'" <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Subject: RE: What a sweet sound!!
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:23:29 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dennis :

Congratulations on starting your engine !  Isn't that a wonderful feeling ?

First, double check your oil pressure gauge, it may not read correctly.  One
way to do this is to buy a cheap gauge at Pep Boys or Kragen and hook it up.
I keep one in the tool chest (think I paid $15 at Trak for it), it comes in
handy from time to time.

If you still only read 50 psi at a cold fast idle, then yes, I'd say your
regulator valve is mis-adjusted (or there's something substantially wrong
with your rebuild).  On a TR3, it's that big screw with the slot on the end
and a lock nut, sticking out of the oil filter head.  Loosen the lock nut
and turn the screw in to increase the pressure.  If a half-turn doesn't
produce a noticeable difference, then there is something else wrong.  Don't
forget to tighten the lock nut when you're done.  (There is another nut that
holds the spring and ball for the bypass valve, but that's not what you
want.)

Randall