RE: removal of TR6 Pistions

To: gspens <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removal of TR6 Pistions
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:05:43 +0000
>But, this poses another question:  How do I get the rusty cam out of the
>block?  Where is it being held?  It looks like there are 3 places where
>it fits snugly in the block.  Any one know of any tricks to get it out?
>Thanks to everone who has helped.  This (obviously) was my first major
>teardown, and the rust, spider webs, dirt and weeds in the block made it
>that much harder for me.  The good news is the block looks great, and
>judging from the blocks condition and the wear on the bearings (almost
>none) and the thrust washers, I figure the engine has less than 30,000
>miles on her.

assuming you have the dizzy gear out of the block if the thing will not come
out by its own account fit the cam gear and give it a bit of levering all
round, that should free it. Carefull not to break the gear, it'll be almost
certainly cast iron and as such brittle (unless you're bining it anyway)

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048