Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship (UNSEEN?)

To: <dkveuro@flash.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Albert F Jones" <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship (UNSEEN?)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:03:31 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
> I was not offended by your remarks, I just couldn't see
how Fred's message
>on friendship had any bearing on Francois's ability to
write in English -
>something that _he_ does extremely well.

>>My dear  Mr Jones.
>>  Jonmac was referring to a post we may not have seen .

Hole in one! I was greatly tempted to forward that post so
the whole list could see there is one among us who either
enjoys a practical joke or if not, has a totally different
side to his character that to date, has not come through on
his posts.

I greatly enjoyed Fred Thomas' post on Friendship and it
triggered something I'd had in mind for some weeks. Namely,
that we
should actively encourage those who find English difficult
to submit questions in their own language or whatever
English they can muster. An individual or a group could then
help to answer the query - as many have already done. I have
had a number of favourable replies to that suggestion - with
one exception. This was from someone who is so biased that
it's clear he is totally intolerant of anyone who does not
share his absolute, arrogant, narrow-minded and bigoted
view. We have some in England like that as well, so this
isn't new. All I would say (and you know who you are if you
read this) is do the world a favour and stay in America -
and for the sake of your countrymen and women, choose a
desert. While co-existing with rattlesnakes and cacti, apply
yourself to the classics and learn the structure, spelling
and grammar that is the English language. This will
hopefully later enable you to write and spell - a skill
which so far as I could see is something that is totally
lacking in you. It grieves me that in this respect you and I
share a fairly common language - and also a love of the same
make of car.

Rant mode off

Jonmac