Re: Battery

To: RangerCRS@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Battery
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:25:00 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/20/99 1:28:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RangerCRS@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< The battery in my '76 TR6 is 5 years old and still doing the job, but
 I think that age in the So. FL heat is probably pushing it.  Of course
 the local stores that carry batteries like K-Mart, etc don't list
 LBC's in the book.  Is there another vehicle which would have battery
 specs that correlate?  Or can anyone make a battery recommendation?
 Thanks.
 Craig >>

Hi Craig
I think just about any battery will fit, just make sure you get the + & -
terminals on the correct sides. I try to get the highest cranking amps I can
and have the terminals towards the rear of the car, away from the battery
hold down angle, which is also a ground. I've seen a few batteries with the
terminals almost in the middle which works pretty well. YMMV.
Then of course there's the old saying, "If it ain't broke.....

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4