Re:Front suspension seals:unexpected failure problem

To: Truimph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Front suspension seals:unexpected failure problem
From: Gene Sanders <sanders@unlimited.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 02:16:09 -0800
Tony,
This is not rocket science. It's just dust covers called seals that are
stretched over the nylon washers on each end of the lower wishbone arm.
It takes 16 total.  I don't recall anyone complaining about the
bushings. As I mentioned in a previous post, all of mine broke and fell
off within two weeks while I'm still working on it.

The material these seals are made of is just plain and simple, no good.
I plan to find some thin industrial  type  hose with 1 1/8" ID and cut
it 5/16 width for the 16 needed and do the job over. Sure is a lot of
work and I'm not so sure they are very effective.

Gene
60 TR3A