To gloss or not to gloss?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: To gloss or not to gloss?
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:06:58 -0500
I'm considering sprucing up the various components under the bonnet of my
TR3A and have a question. I was always under the impression that all the
black stuff (starter, generator, steering column, oil filler cap, horns,
radiator, etc.), were finished in SEMI-GLOSS black. However, in looking
through Mr. Piggott's book, "Original Triumph TR2/3/3A", he illustrates one
particularly fine looking example (the BRG w/ biscuit interior), claims all
details are finished correctly - and every part under the bonnet is finished
in GLOSS.

I really like the look of gloss, and may do that regardless of what's
"correct", but would like to know how badly I'm breaking the rules. As
always, your advice is much appreciated. Thanks, everyone.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A
TS53990L (soon to be "O")