Re: extra parts

To: triumphs@mcleodusa.net
Subject: Re: extra parts
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:00:08 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/21/99 11:51:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
triumphs@mcleodusa.net writes:

<< While putting together the windscreen on the TR3 (for the 3rd or 4th time!)
 I seem to have two extra pieces left over.  They are 4 to 5 inch long square
 steel spacers with holes drilled to correspond to the side mounting screws
 through the frame.  Neither the parts catalog nor the shop manual show them
 and I can't for the life of me recall where they fit in the overall scheme
 of things. >>

These sound like the pieces in the side, that the small stanchion screws go
into. They are fastened to the side of the U shaped frame (same side as the
glass) with a few flat head screws, and the screws that hold the
windscreen/frame assy to the stanchions thread onto 'em.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4