Summary, 10 inch brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Summary, 10 inch brakes
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:14:26 -0500
Fellow listers,

   Thank you to all who replied to my request for information on 10 inch
brakes.

    The responses fell into several categories.

1,  I have some 10 inch parts and you can buy them from me.

2,  Put the 9 inch parts on.  They bolt right on.  Yes, you can get a
complete set from me.

3,  Stay with the 10 inch.  They are original.  They are larger, larger
means more braking power, more braking power is better.

4,  The shoes can be relined at a local brake shop.  May have to go to a
truck center.

5,  The rear drums on the Datsun 710 fit right on.  This thread was
countered  that they are really 9 inch but has not been verified either way.

The response to my query was incredible.  The first response was
minutes after I posted.  Everyone was helpful.

I am going to keep the 10 inch brakes unless I find that mine are
damaged or too worn.

If anyone can point me to a new or slightly used pair of 10 inch Al-Fin
drums,  PN 301590, I would appreciate it.  Finders fee too.

Roger Colson
57 TR3  TS21383L
sassamon@mediaone.net