Going to look at a '74 TR6

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "TR6" <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: Going to look at a '74 TR6
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:45:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I've found a '74 TR6 locally that I am going to look at tomorrow. Here is
what I found out from the owner (who is restoring a TR3 and TR4 currently,
BTW):

(1) 65k original miles
(2) New interior including seats, carpet, panels, etc
(3) Engine and tranny good (car runs and drives OK)
(4) Body is in good shape, structurally sound according to owner with only
minor rust showing on rockers (he assures me it is cosmetic, I'll have to
see)
(5) Car is currently red, originally green (but paint is OK)
(6) Car needs a top, drivers side window glass, and rear springs
(7) Car is being sold because of an upcoming move (already has 2 restoration
projects to move, doesn't want to take a 3rd unstarted project along
according to him)
(8) Asking price is $2500

As with the Spitfire I looked at last week, I checked out the VTR pages for
the TR6 buying guide, etc. Any other tips or problem areas that are not
listed on the VTR pages to look for? If the car is OK, is the asking price
appropriate? TIA.

Craig Niederst
niederst@telerama.com