Re: Going to look at a '74 TR6

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Going to look at a '74 TR6
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:56:33 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR6 <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Craig,
If you can drive it about without problems, and no serious rust damage to the
frame, and only a little rust on rockers, you appear to have a great deal going
there. But, you have to expect to find some problems later. With that price, you
can fix what you need to.  You may wish to consider condition of brake system,
front and rear suspension in negotiating, and check all electrics/fuel/tach,
etc... You mentioned springs need replacing - make sure your trailing arms and
connection to frame and half axles are in decent shape.  Problems here could be
a much bigger fix!
Good luck, D. Michael