RE: Highway One Classified Ads

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Highway One Classified Ads
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:47:13 -0600

Philip Haldeman wrote:

> Several of you have noticed that ads don't disappear from Highway One.
I'd
> really like to describe my observations in strong legal language, but I
> won't.

I've actually BEEN to HighwayOne. As best I could determine, it's a guy's
house - a guy who has some cars that he stores in a five-story bank/storage
building (a unique California combination) a couple of blocks away. The guy
was very pleasant and took me to the bank/storage building where the car I
was interested in was stored.
Problem was, the car was described on the WebSite (then, Feb/99, and still
today) as:
        "100% Restored; Tonneau Cover; Wire Wheels; Spectacular car in every
way. If you have been looking for a [car] that needs nothing, and acts like
a new car, this is the one."
But when I requested a test drive, he informed me that the car didn't run
because the head was cracked.

The proclamation on the HighwayOne web page that it was "Last updated:
November 17, 1999" is something of an exaggeration.

Jim Hill
Madison WI