RE: Colortune use

To: "'Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca'" <Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Colortune use
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:19:18 -0500charset="windows-1252"
Two thoughts on the exhaust inspection ports:
        A.      The flames you are hoping to see will reveal themselves with
considerable gusto, and may present a noise and fire hazard within the
engine  compartment. Watch those eyebrows!
        B.      opening up the ex. header will probably change the flow
dynamics, ( ie reduced backpressure, no scavenging, etc.) and render you
carb adjustments 'inaccurate' when the holes are plugged up again.

        If you want to get fancy, maybe installing a thermocouple in each
ex. manifold port would reveal some useful info.  You could measure the
temps, and adjust the carbs- at least getting them to match--  however
exactly what the correct temp is may have to be experimentally derived.
 regards,
B Westerdale