Hard-top cost?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard-top cost?
From: Tobermory9@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:09:30 EST
Hi -
Yet another question.... I have an option to buy a used metal hard top for my
new (to me) '71 TR6 with a tonneau thrown in for good measure (tonneau is the
wrong color, but for free it'll do!). The hard-top is an unpleasant
purple-ish color and would require a repaint.  Here are the questions:
1. If the top is in good shape, what should I expect to pay for it?
2. How much should I expect to pay to have it professionally painted ? (I not
only don't have the proper tools to do it, but no know-how).
3. My TR6 is red w/ black interior - should the hard-top match the red, or be
black like the soft convertable top?
TIA -
Paula K