Re: Hard-top cost?

To: Tobermory9@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hard-top cost?
From: Bill Swinehart <bills@pagesz.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:03:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paula,

I bought a factory hardtop for my 76 TR6 about 9 years ago.  It was solid, but
needed to be painted and reupholstered.  I paid $400.00 for it and felt that to
be reasonable at that time.  If the one you are looking at is a factory hardtop,
I don't suppose the price has changed a lot in nine years.

The added weight on top and the enclosure really change the way the car feels
and
sounds.  Exhaust roar gets louder, but music sounds better.  It still looks good
and is still a pleasure to drive.

I painted mine myself in a friend's garage who had a compressor, so I don't know
what you might expect to pay for that.  But do paint it to match the paint of
the
exterior.  It will look real sharp and I believe that's the way it was done when
they were new.

Good luck.

Bill Swinehart
76 TR6