Re: At Last... (longish)

To: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Subject: Re: At Last... (longish)
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:02:29 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Fixing the TAC cable is easy if you buy a new one.  No tools required, to
remove just unscrew behind the TAC and at the distributor and feed it
through the firewall, installation is the reverse process.  Before buying a
new one, I would check it out, first.  Disconnect the cable at the TAC,
start the engine, and see if the inner cable spins.  If it does pull th
einner cable out and put a variable speed drill on one end and  the other
end back in the TAC.  If spinning the drill turns the TAC, you probably need
a cable.  If it doesn't you probably need TAC repair work.

Now come the religeous wars - what to lubricate the TAC cable with before
installing it.  Some say nothing, some say light vegtable oil.  I don't
think you can go wrong with graphite.

Speedomenter is the same, by the way, only you have to crawl under the car
to get at it.

Good luck,
Bob