Fuse Box

To: "Kyle K. Rice" <kkrice@earthlink.net>
Subject: Fuse Box
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:05:23 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Kyle K. Rice"

Listers,

I have a 74 TR6 and I am installing a new fuse box.  The new box will not
fit in the the original location so I need to find a new place to put the
box.  Has anyone else put a modern fuse box in a TR6?  If so where did you
put it?  Does anyone have any ideas as to a good place to put the fuse box?
I was thinking of the passenger footwell.  What does everyone think?

Kyle.
<

Kyle,

Don't put it in the footwell.  It will be protected from the elements and
the fuse contacts won't corrode causing intermittant connections leaving
you with a reliable electrical system!  Don't do it!

Just kidding.  But seriously, the fused and unfused wires all come together
in the area of the windscreen wiper motor (where the original fuse block is
located) and if you put the new one in the footwell you will have to splice
onto these wires and run them through the firewall.  If you are willing to
do this besure and protect against wire chaffing where the wires pass
through the sheetmetal at the firewall.

And remember, longer wires equals more voltage drop, so keep the wires as
short as is practicable.

Dave Massey