Re: UV protectant for convertible rear window

To: "HARRIS, ALAN J" <AHARRIS@entergy.com>
Subject: Re: UV protectant for convertible rear window
From: Pat Fischer <pfischer@unicom.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:46:06 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Please forgive my late post on this topic. I've been off the list
and my computer for a few days.

I had heard once that using a chamois on convertible windows made
them yellow - something about oil from the animal skin. I've made
it a practice to always use a towel on  the window even if I used
a chamois on the rest of the car, and I've never had a
convertible top yellow. On the other hand, I've always had a
garage or carport, too, so perhaps sun protection had something
to do with it. Of course these days there are a lot of
alternatives to the organic chamois.

Has anyone else heard of this theory?

Pat Fischer
TR250