Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...

Subject: Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:04:22 -0800
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ken :

Well, I don't even have a rat <g>, and the mods I've made to my TR3A are
:

1) American alternator and regulator (the TR3's stock 19 amp generator
will actually let the battery run down while you are driving, if you
have the lights, heater and wipers running.)
2) Electronic ignition (this depends a little on your definition of
reliability.  I'm not certain the electronic ignition is any less likely
to leave you stranded, but it sure is lower maintenance !)
3) Electric radiator fan.  Engine overheating in heavy traffic is a
thing of the past, even in 110F (43C) weather.
4) Brighter headlights, brake lights and turn signals.  Not really a
reliability step, but less likely to leave you stranded in the hospital
<g>
5) 'Electronic' turn signal flasher (See 4 above)
6) Wide rims and performance radials. (See 4 above)

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver