Re: Question on brakes - TR3A

To: Kinderlehrer <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Question on brakes - TR3A
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:36:14 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob,

If you shop around you will find a shop that will turn the rotors
without hassling you about rotor thickness, etc. I found a auto parts
place in Mountain View that did it several years ago. Unfortunately they
have closed! I do go to a small machine shop in Mountain View that
probably would do your rotors. Ellsworth Brothers at 2415 Old
Middlefield Way, the machine shop is in the rear of the building.

On the front pistons, I would recommend resleeving in brass. I wish I
had done that when I rebuilt all of my brakes! I just sent my clutch
slave cylinder off to Apple Hydraulics to have it resleeved, after it
blew out the 1st time I pushed on the clutch peddle after I rebuilt it
recently.

Good luck,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 almost ready to run!