Research: 1975-76 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Research: 1975-76 TR6
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:27:09 EST
Cc: jswauger@microserve.net

--part1_0.be502dca.25760bad_boundary

 Hey List-

  Sorry for not participating in the list discussions lately, but I have been
  in the process of moving. Bigger house, much smaller garage. I hate
  downsizing!

  We are only moving a mile or so, but everything still has to be packed and
  transported, unpacked and set up again. Next time, I may consider a fire.
  Seems much easier.

  I have had a friend ask a question that I could not answer. The question is
  below. I will be happy to forward any replys directly to him.

  Many thanks-

  Steve Thornton
  Bowling Green, KY

  Triumphs
  1954 TR2
  1962 TR3B
  1968 TR 250
  1971 TR6
  Small garage

  <<
   Steve,

       The next time you are out surfing the TR list, could you pose a
   question?  We are looking for feedback from a 1975-76 TR6 owner who might
   still have an original carpet set in a car that was fitted with a beige
   interior.  The carpet is tufted nylon in a darkish brown.  Carpet binding
   should be dark brown (chestnut) as it seems that Triumph gave up bothering
   with binding that matches the interior by that time (carpet color was
   always one color).  We need to know if the cars with beige interiors had a
   beige hand brake boot and grommet around the boot, or if the boots and
   grommets were chestnut (dark brown) or maybe black.

      Thanks for your help.