Re: Placing a car on jacks

Subject: Re: Placing a car on jacks
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 09:45:29 -0800
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>

TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
<wonderful instructions on securing a car on jack stands in a quake
zone>

I'd like to add : stay away from the cheap jack stands where the center
rod is made of rolled sheet metal.  The ones with the cast iron
'Y'-shaped piece are only a few dollars more, and are _much_ more
stable.  (I still have a partially collapsed sheet metal stand as a
souvenir.)

HF occasionally has the 3 ton ones on sale for $12/pair (and will ship
internationally).  They're a little short for my taste (17" max
extension), but otherwise work quite well.

Randall