Stromberg butterfly screw stuck

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stromberg butterfly screw stuck
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:34:34 -0800
After rebuilding my carbs, I decided to take the butterfly shafts out to clean
the bushings/shafts good and put in new return springs and I've gotten 3 of the
4(2 on each carb)the butterfly screws out but one. I shot liquid wrench all
over the screw(from and back) and left the project there for the night.

Has anyone out there had a throttle butterfly screw on their Stromberg on so
tight that it starts stripping out the head when trying to get it off? Is
soaking in liquid wrench the only route(beyond getting out the drill)?

One other question: On putting it all back together, do you preload the return
spring only one revolution or two? I went with 1 on the first carb.