Re: Stromberg butterfly screw stuck

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stromberg butterfly screw stuck
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:33:19 -0800
Ahhh....I noticed the other 3 screws were a little frayed at the ends but did
not realize they were split. It almost looked some sort of 'brass solder' was
dropped on the ends put i did'nt pay much attention to it. What your saying
makes more sense and I do remeber the ends looking sort of split. So
essentially I got lucky on the 1st three and this fourth one will take penching
the widened screw tip in so it does not hold so well. Great!  Do I need to
re-expand them after re-assembly or does simply tightening them good work OK?