Re: TR-250 VIN # ?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Subject: Re: TR-250 VIN # ?
From: linda long <lalong@vt.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 19:21:14 -0600
Cc: JRossi727@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
I remember growing up in the 60's watching Bonanza with my parents on the
2nd or 3rd Sunday in September for the sole purpose of seeing what the new
Chevys were going to look like.  Didn't have any knowledge of LBC's then,
but might the LBC dealers tag on to this practice of the Big Three to
introduce the new model year in the Fall?.  It seems like Americans were
conditioned then to see the new styles in the Fall.  Obviously, LBC's didn't
change that much within a marque from year to year...but maybe in the fall
of 1963, say for example,  the TR4's received by the dealer magically became
1964?  If so, then I'd guess the TR250's made in the Fall of '67 would be
labeled by the dealer as '68's....just a SWAG.

Peace

Tom Long
Blacksburg, VA

'64TR4