Re: TR-250 VIN # ?

To: linda long <lalong@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: TR-250 VIN # ?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 18:14:26 -0700
Cc: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com, JRossi727@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Tom,
I don't know about the rest of the Triumph lineup, but according to Herr
Clausager (Anders, for those of you who are on a first name basis with
him), the model year designation for Spitfires was based on the calendar
year regardless of what the rest f the world did.  This gave rise to
those nasty STC tags that I have seen attached to various places on our
beloved cars.

In the early 70's, they did adopt the US model year strategy, even going
to the extremes of announcing a few 1/2 year models to separate the cars
after some cosmetic changes were made.

Regards,
Joe

--