V/B "Quick Ratio" Steering Rack - ??? (TR6/250)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: V/B "Quick Ratio" Steering Rack - ??? (TR6/250)
From: JASimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 13:44:13 EST
Has anyone fitted the "quick ratio" steering rack from Victoria British onto
their TR 250/6 ???

I purchased one - however:

    The solid mounts appear to be too "high" and will interefere with the
clearance neccessary for the fan extension to pass between the steering rack
and the frame support.

    The rack is not stock dimensions, therefore fitting stock mounts to it is
not an option, nor do I believe will the solid mounts advertised in Moss be
an acceptable substitute, for this same reason.

    I am toying with the idea of milling the mounts so that they hold the
rack lower and closer to the frame mounts.

    Any comments - experiences - idea's  ? ? ? ?

    Please respond direct, as well as to list as I am on digests.

Thanks,
Joe Simcoe