V/B "Quick Ratio" Steering Rack - ??? (TR6/250)

To: "INTERNET:JASimcoe@aol.com" <JASimcoe@aol.com>
Subject: V/B "Quick Ratio" Steering Rack - ??? (TR6/250)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 16:10:43 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:JASimcoe@aol.com
>Has anyone fitted the "quick ratio" steering rack from Victoria British
onto
their TR 250/6 ???

I purchased one - however:

    The solid mounts appear to be too "high" and will interefere with the
clearance neccessary for the fan extension to pass between the steering
rack
and the frame support.

    The rack is not stock dimensions, therefore fitting stock mounts to it
is
not an option, nor do I believe will the solid mounts advertised in Moss be

an acceptable substitute, for this same reason.

    I am toying with the idea of milling the mounts so that they hold the
rack lower and closer to the frame mounts.

    Any comments - experiences - idea's  ? ? ? ?

    Please respond direct, as well as to list as I am on digests.

Thanks,
Joe Simcoe
<

Joe,

Have you checked your engine mounts for sag?

Is this rack for general applications of is it specifically for the TR6?
If it is speciically for the TR6 then they need to sharpen their pencil.
If it generic then you have to expect to do some improvisations to get it
to fit.  That's the name of the game when you start modifying.  Weber carbs
are notorious for not being set up for the particular car and in need of
extensive tuning.  Not necessarily for the ameteur.

But if you can see that there will be no interference, mill away.

Good Luck

Dave