Re: Spitfire Californian EGR Valves

Subject: Re: Spitfire Californian EGR Valves
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 11:46:20 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jon :

If all else fails, try contacting the Emission Parts Locator Service at
1-800-826-3566.  They should either find you an EGR valve, or give you a
"Limited Parts Exemption", which will allow you to get a smog check (in
California only) with a bad or missing EGR valve.  Unfortunately, you'll
have to repeat the process every two years (if you live in a 'smog
county') until 2008 when your car is finally exempt.  See
http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/smogweb/scfs/parts.asp for more info.

Randall