Spitfire Californian EGR Valves

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Californian EGR Valves
From: "Jon Darling" <landyot@thesocket.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 20:47:47 -0800
Anybody got one or know where to get one?

My '78 CA was rescued from the junkyard for $500. Zero rust, drove it
home at 65mph wondering why it was scraped. Emission control,- auto
choke, smog pump, carbon canisters, evap lines, ad nauseum was the
answer. Taken care of.   But the diaphragm on aforementioned EGR valve
crap is shot. I want to (and will) rip the whole emission mess off, but
thought I'd at least try for the 25 year old smog exemption ( soon to be
30 year? dammit) and stay legal.    If you have any clues---thanks Jon
(ex-pat)
PS
Anyone know if a 1500 will tow my 1960 24' vintage airstream, in which I
full-time? or should I tow the spit using the Old Chevy Truck and the CA
two-trailer ok law.  Don't suggest get the girlfriend to follow in the
spit and send her back on the bus.

Best wishes to a cool group.   Jon Darling