Re: Spitfire Californian EGR Valves

To: Jon Darling <landyot@thesocket.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Californian EGR Valves
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 09:34:50 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Jon Darling wrote:

> Anyone know if a 1500 will tow my 1960 24' vintage airstream, in which I
> full-time? or should I tow the spit using the Old Chevy Truck and the CA
> two-trailer ok law.  Don't suggest get the girlfriend to follow in the
> spit and send her back on the bus.

Jon,
You are joking, Right???

If not, I wouldn't even consider towing anything larger than one of
those small fold-up trailers with a Spit.  If the engine will pull it,
the differential probably won't hold up to the strain.  What's more, the
weight of the Spit is not sufficient to get any traction required to get
a trailer up any sort of grade.

Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer