Sparkplug problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sparkplug problem
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 17:02:31 PST
(I am re-sending this message.  The first one sent on Friday apparently did
not make it to the list.)

I was trying to replace the sparkplugs on my new TR3.  Three of the four, no
problem.  One plug seems like its threads are stripped.  I can turn the plug
clockwise until tight.  I can turn the plug counterclockwise, again it gets
tight.  I didn't want to force it for fear of braking the sparkplug.

Questions:  How do I fix this?  Do I force the removal of the plug?  If I
break the sparkplug, how would I remove the remaining piece(s)?  Also, once
the sparkplug is out, how do I re-thread the opening?  Or, do I simply leave
well enough alone?

I appreciate all comments, but I may not be able to respond to everyone
individually, because I am on a long-term business trip with limited time to
regularly follow this list for a while.  Thanks.

Regards,

Steve Peca
Wheaton, Illinois
1958 TR3A - TS23867L