Re: TR250 ad in Canadian paper

To: "Rodney Orr" <RGOrrgeo@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 ad in Canadian paper
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:34:14 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rodney:  I went and looked at this car last week.  It came from northern
Ontario and has just come from the body-shop.  Beautiful red paint (car
originally white, I think), but I almost cried when I looked closer.  No
body-off, nothing cleaned or rebuilt on the suspension and still some pin holes
evident in driver's floor area and battery box.  In fact, they were more than
pin holes.  The engine bay and trunk were sprayed at home and very poorly
(unlike the exterior).  No motor work and anything elase rebuilt...... and for
this he wants $8,500.00 CDN (about $5,600 USD)!!!  Not in my lifetime!
Any interested buyer should look at lifting the body off and starting over and
then trying to relocate the body without scrathing it.  Good luck.
Steve Mc
Milton, ON

>>> Rodney Orr <RGOrrgeo@netscape.net> 12/01/99 01:09pm >>>
Steve,
I have no idea what a fair price is for a 250, but I've got to hope that
price is negotiable, especially given its shape and the season - they may
be very glad to see it off their lot rather than have it sit all winter.
But I guess its whatever the market will bear.  I've seen US cars recently
that people are asking $6000 - $10000 for 'better' examples, so who knows.
It would be a nice addition to your collection.  How did you come across
your Italia?  They're quite lovely, but certainly not common.
Regards,
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L

At 09:56 AM 01/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Rodney, I called and I am going to look at it later this week.
Apparently it is an exceptionally clean car but not finished.  They still
want $8,500! (argh!)  Way too high in my view for an incomplete car.  I'll
let you know after I see it.