Re: TR6 Frame/Door Distortion Question-Help!

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Frame/Door Distortion Question-Help!
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:15:44 -0500
David Massey wrote:

> Message text written by "Power British Performance Parts, Inc."
> >If you want to close the
> door completely, jack up from the rear of the car onto the cross-tube where
> the stud
> that holds the spare tire comes through.  Put a piece of wood on the jack
> to avoid
> damaging threads on the stud.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian Schlorff<
>
> I have used this technique to successfully reduce the size of my spare tire
> compartment.  (That tube can bend under the weight of the car)
>
> Dave

Dave,

The rear tube really shouldn't bend unless you put the whole weight of the car
on it.
The idea is to jack on it just enough to raise the tail slightly until you get
the
doors to close without raising the rest of the frame off the jackstands.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars