Re: TR6 Frame/Door Distortion Question-Help!

To: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Frame/Door Distortion Question-Help!
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:41:56 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Power British Performance Parts, Inc."
>Dave,

The rear tube really shouldn't bend unless you put the whole weight of the
car on it.  The idea is to jack on it just enough to raise the tail slightly
until you get the doors to close without raising the rest of the frame off the
jackstands.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff <

OK.  Glad you clarified it.  I have seen folks jack the car up using the
tube so I followed suit.  My tube may be weakened through the ferrous oxide
conversion process but I now have about 1 inch less spare tire space.

I am considering cutting it out and replacing it with some stouter stuff
because that frame member is just SO convenient for jacking.  But the car
is going into storage and the TR8 will become the priority real soon.

Dave