RE: Spotted Dick

To: "'Andy Dixon'" <amdixon@erols.com>, jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spotted Dick
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:59:30 -0000 charset="iso-8859-1"

> and let's not get started on Pork Pie (never
> eaten with
> custard), Cornish Pasties, Pork Roast with cracklin', and
> (I'd die for some
> of this right now) bread and drippin'.

I work for a major American Telecomms company in the UK, which means we
frequently have large groups of American Engineers on site. Several years
ago, I was waiting to be served in our staff restaurant and watched in
disbelief as one of these guys put a cornish pastie into a dessert bowl and
poured custard all over it! I thought it was one of those strange dietary
quirks, but it turned out he'd not got used to distinguishing between sweet
and savoury foods here in the UK! Sadly, one of the restaurant staff pointed
out his mistake, so I never got to see his face as he tasted it.....

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1970 Spitfire MkIII
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup